midronome not working with mrcc

Reported bugs for the Midronome hardware or firmware.
Topics ar marked as: [R]=Rejected, [A]=Approved, [WIP]=Work in Progress, [F]=Fixed
Forum rules
  • Use the search function to see if your bug has already been reported
  • Only post in a topic if it is directly related to the reported bug or feature. If not or if you're not sure, please use the Discussions & debates forum.
Thank you so much for reporting bugs <3 - it helps A LOT :)
besbin

midronome not working with mrcc

Post by besbin »

Short description of the issue: Conductive Labs MRCC gets stuck on startup when the midronome is connected

Setup (devices connected to the Midronome and how): befaco cvthing, befaco midithing, perkons, hydrasynth, linnstrament, pc, and midronome are all routed through the mrcc

Steps to Reproduce: turn the power on? (my whole setup is powered up at the same time)

Expected Behavior: things work?

Actual Behavior: the mrcc hangs on initial startup. if i startup without the midronome its fine, then i can plug the midronome into the mrcc and it works. i suspect it being an issue with getting its power from the mrcc.

Has the Midronome firmware been recently upgraded, from which version to which version? just updated to 2.0
Simon

Re: midronome not working with mrcc

Post by Simon »

Thanks for reporting!

I assume with "plugging the Midronome into the MRCC" you mean using USB - if not please let me know.

That's going to be a toughie, and I'm afraid to say it probably is a bug on the MRCC (my first guess is that it cannot handle the multiple USB-MIDI interfaces of the Midronome and gets confused), the easiest solution will probably be a workaround.

I believe the easiest workaround would be to power the Midronome using a simple USB wall power adapter (like a phone charger) and then using MIDI-DIN to communicate with the MRCC? MIDI-DIN will be more precise than USB anyways.

But to investigate a bit more: could you remove all devices, simply plug the Midronome into the MRCC, then power the MRCC, see if it makes any difference?

Cheers
Simon
besbin

Post by besbin »

the issue seems to be when i have both the midronome and befaco cvthing plugged in at the same time. i will send a bug report to conductive labs. the setup works fine with using the din port, but then i lose the midi in capabilities :(. which i was hoping to automate the midronomes tempo.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Any news about this? Just FYI, FW 3.0 changes the USB-MIDI interfaces, solving this bug (which is a macOS bug but changing the interfaces worked around it). This might have an impact on your issue :)

Let me know ;)
Simon