[BETA Available] Firmware 3.0

Future features that could be implemented on either the Midronome or the Software Tools.
Topics ar marked as: [A]=Approved, [WIP]=Work in Progress, [F]=Finished
Simon

[BETA Available] Firmware 3.0

Post by Simon »

STATUS: First beta is available, called v2.9.0-beta. Note that for this beta U-SYNC works on Mac OS only.
To access the beta you must join the beta-tester team.

----

This is the roadmap for firmware 3.0.

Fixed issues: New Major Feature:
  • U-SYNC: simple, precise, and reliable synchronisation with DAWs
Other changes/improvements:
  • All external sync modes now start right away
  • Sync modes: 2.4.P. has been removed, and MidroSync ("Syn") is now hidden
  • MIDI SysEx message limit for forwarding is now 500 bytes - viewtopic.php?t=338
  • General improvements regarding synchronisation
  • General improvements regarding USB communication
MPrinsen

Re: ROADMAP for Firmware 3.0

Post by MPrinsen »

Any update on the ETA? :)
Simon

Post by Simon »

ETA is this month :)
MPrinsen

Post by MPrinsen »

Awesome! looking forward to it :) I'm checking this forum daily :p
Dave

Post by Dave »

Simon wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 14:53 ETA is this month :)
:ugeek:

Fantastic!

Thanks for continuing with this labor of love, Simon.
MPrinsen

Re: [BETA Available] Firmware 3.0

Post by MPrinsen »

I'm actually pretty excited for the "combined" 24P/2.4.P. mode, as this (if I understand correctly) allows for immediate start upon receiving pulses (like 2.4.P. always did) and also us Midronome as master clock when you're not sending it pulses form your DAW (like 24P always did).
Previously, we had to choose between either of the two.

I love being able to switch between using Midronome synced to my DAW and using Midronome as the master, without fiddling with setting.
Simon

Post by Simon »

MPrinsen wrote: Yesterday, 13:40 I'm actually pretty excited for the "combined" 24P/2.4.P. mode, as this (if I understand correctly) allows for immediate start upon receiving pulses (like 2.4.P. always did) and also us Midronome as master clock when you're not sending it pulses form your DAW (like 24P always did).
Correct :) And you can try this already now, it's a Firmware improvement so it does not matter if you are using Mac or Windows ;)
MPrinsen wrote: Yesterday, 13:40 I love being able to switch between using Midronome synced to my DAW and using Midronome as the master, without fiddling with setting.
Well U-SYNC is particularly good at that, in fact the transition from DAW to master and from master to DAW is extremely smooth ;)

Simon
MPrinsen

Post by MPrinsen »

Simon wrote: Yesterday, 20:38
MPrinsen wrote: Yesterday, 13:40 I'm actually pretty excited for the "combined" 24P/2.4.P. mode, as this (if I understand correctly) allows for immediate start upon receiving pulses (like 2.4.P. always did) and also us Midronome as master clock when you're not sending it pulses form your DAW (like 24P always did).
Correct :) And you can try this already now, it's a Firmware improvement so it does not matter if you are using Mac or Windows ;)
MPrinsen wrote: Yesterday, 13:40 I love being able to switch between using Midronome synced to my DAW and using Midronome as the master, without fiddling with setting.
Well U-SYNC is particularly good at that, in fact the transition from DAW to master and from master to DAW is extremely smooth ;)

Simon
Ah that’s great! I thought maybe the update tool was only available for Mac, but the only thing that is restricted to Mac yet is the U-Sync software? Cool, hope to be able to test the new firmware this weekend :)