Mount the Midronome on a microphone stand

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
Simon

Mount the Midronome on a microphone stand

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

Some of you have been asking to add a way to mount your Midronome on a microphone stand. Currently the device has 4 rubber pads so it stays very nicely on a flat surface, even if it is angled (I tried and it does not move below a 20-30 degres angle). But I understand that mounting it on a stand, especially Live, could be a really nice add!

My idea is a simple thread on the bottom (red) plate, so you can literally screw the device on any mic stand.
As I understood there are two main standards, which are 5/8'' in America and 3/8'' in Europe (not sure about the rest of the world).

I would actually go for 5/8'', thinking an adapter from 3/8'' to 5/8'' is simpler than the other way around.

What do you guys think?

Simon
n4Sphere

Re: Mount the Midronome on a microphone stand

Post by n4Sphere »

heheheh you have tons of ideas simon. keep them coming. some mounting options are always a smart idea. but here i am not quite sure who would use that. i am more ghe producer mind and would have it next to my mixer and synths and not somewhere with an tripod.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ideas I always have ha ha :D
And yes clearly this is only useful for Live usage, especially if you need it next to the drum set for example, it's annoying to put it on a table or something like that.
Vladderman

Post by Vladderman »

Yeah, that'd be an awesome addition. We find that its always a bit of a struggle to position the midronome in live situations. (In some cases you might need a seperate table/keyboard stand to put the midronome on) Mounting it on a mic stand would definitely help a lot!!