Resync (restart) MIDI msg every X bars

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
Simon

Resync (restart) MIDI msg every X bars

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

Reptil from gearspace ( https://gearspace.com/board/reviews/137 ... onome.html ) mentioned that it could be useful to have the Midronome automatically send a restart/resync MIDI message every X bar.

Just FYI the resync/restart function is already implemented, pressing on the play button for one second will get the device to send such a message at the beginning of the next bar.

But Reptil mentioned a more specific case, where one of your machine will go out of sync at the end of its sequencer (because it is a bit slow). In this case having the device send such a message automatically every x bars (the problematic sequence being exactly x bars long) will be useful.

It could be implemented for both MIDI ports, or only one MIDI port, or each MIDI port separately.

Let me know what you think :)

Cheers
/Simon
n4Sphere

Re: Resync (restart) MIDI msg every X bars

Post by n4Sphere »

if it it's easy to implement. yes please. it looks like this will be an all trick pony.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ha ha you just want it all do you? :lol:

Imagine the list of 100 settings to go through to be able to find the one setting you are looking for... :D
n4Sphere

Post by n4Sphere »

the big knob is endless right :D

i know the more features the more complex navigation will be. and if there will be a v2 or bigger brother, you could squeeze in features which would not fit now.
Reptil

Post by Reptil »

Hi everyone!
I think this is a crucial function for keeping some slaved sequencers that are behaving badly, in time.
I understand you want to avoid function creep, Simon. Appreciate that.
Bit of a deal maker, this one, in my opinion!
greets!
Jan
klapmuts

Post by klapmuts »

Hey everyone,
I think this feature will be a solution for a problem I have with my Prophet 6 and Midronome.
Once you change banks while receiving clock, the internal arpeggiator drifts away.
After restarting the arpeggiator without resyncing, the arp will be on the same tempo somewhere inbetween counts.

I don't have enough hands to manually resync the midronome everytime I change banks, so this would be a solution. This would mean I would have to turn of the autoplay sequence setting.

Maybe if enough people are reporting the problem, we can kindly convince Simon to involve it in a firmware update.

Keep it up!