Metronome subdivision

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
mynameisdanno

Metronome subdivision

Post by mynameisdanno »

Occasionally it's nice to have an 8th note click. This probably isn't worth adding because most of the time you can just double the BPM and compensate with clock divisions on your sync'd devices, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone else has a stronger opinion.
mynameisdanno

Re: Metronome subdivision

Post by mynameisdanno »

If this did get implemented, and the preset functionality also gets implemented, metronome subdivision would be a good thing to save with the preset, along with tempo and time signature. Whether you want 1/4 or 1/8 click would vary from song to song.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Thank you Daniel - it's noted!
That should not be hard to implement, I'll see if other people react to this :)
pREFECT

Post by pREFECT »

if you could say run one output at half tempo and the other at regular tempo.... clock division is really fun. i am doing that now with a rk2 cable on 2 303s. really fun running them both off the same clock but the first td3 things its say 80 bpm and the second one shows up at the sent 160 bpm.

adding the ability to half or double each outputs clock would be stellar in my opinion. would also free up my rk2 so i could use it for other shit :)
mcshine707

Post by mcshine707 »

I agree that it would be helpful to have the option for an 8th note click without having to double the tempo and be able to save the setting as a preset along with the tempo. While doubling the tempo works for the metronome, when syncing via midi to an external device playing a sequence or arpeggiator will result in the notes being played at twice the normal speed.
HappyClocker

Post by HappyClocker »

8th metronome click would be complementary to a native x/8 signature support as discussed there:
viewtopic.php?p=1593#p1593

I like that idea, too.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yes I think adding support for x/8 time signatures is a good idea too :)

Will this be enough for those of you asking for a metronome subdivision?

Simon