[U-SYNC] to support multiple Midronomes

Discuss or suggest new features here.
Please do not report bugs here, use the "Bug Reports" forum instead.
NetMika

[U-SYNC] to support multiple Midronomes

Post by NetMika »

Hi,

As I own 4 of these guys (because to reduce cabling space is split in different zone) so would like to have all my midronome synced together through u-Sync.

I tried and only the first one is synced to the DAW.

This for considering this

Michael
Simon

Re: [U-SYNC] to support multiple Midronomes

Post by Simon »

Hi Michael

First congrats on 4 Midronomes :shock: :D I don't remember seeing an order of 4 units so I guess you ordered them little by little?

I am perfectly aware about that limitation, and supporting multiple devices is definitely on the roadmap. I am not sure how it will be solved though, it will be either directly via U-SYNC or you might need to sync the first one with U-SYNC and then sync the other 3 to the first one using an audio cable (as described in section 6 of the Midronome User Guide). The second solution will be much simpler to implement, also probably more reliable.

(and no need to try - it's currently not possible ;) )

To anyone who has the same wish: feel free to comment here and give your opinion :)

Cheers
Simon
NetMika

Post by NetMika »

Hi Simon,

To answer your question I ordered it in 2 step, the first one during the initial quickstarter and I think I got the last 2 one early this year.

So as of now I found using the “old” plugin the best option to get all those boys get in sync (probably not the best but a workaround)

One option I was thinking about, do you think you can add an option on the new VST plugin to the map an plugin’s instance to a specific midronome USB device ? Then you can have as much as VST running as midronome you have.

Best regards
Simon

Post by Simon »

NetMika wrote: 21 Aug 2024, 20:33 One option I was thinking about, do you think you can add an option on the new VST plugin to the map an plugin’s instance to a specific midronome USB device ? Then you can have as much as VST running as midronome you have.
That's an interesting idea indeed :) I will investigate. It would require this to be implemented first: viewtopic.php?t=235