Tempo over USB

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
lisiecki1

Tempo over USB

Post by lisiecki1 »

I'd like to be able to send tempo over usb from my ipad to the midronome and then let it sync the received tempo to my peripheral devices.

Is this a possibility?
Milosdrummer

Re: Tempo over USB

Post by Milosdrummer »

lisiecki1 wrote: 09 May 2024, 02:09 I'd like to be able to send tempo over usb from my ipad to the midronome and then let it sync the received tempo to my peripheral devices.

Is this a possibility?
Hello! This question should be in 'questions about the Midronome', but for now, I can tell you that Midronome does receive MIDI cc messages for tempo changes over USB. The point is to have the appropriate app that sends these MIDI commands from your tablet. One such app is BandHelper, where you can make a database of songs, add MIDI presets with tempo changes and create setlists with custom layouts to be able to send those presets by tapping on dedicated buttons (I'm sure there are other apps, but I have experience only with this one and it's sibling SetlistMaker).

In this topic I've discussed how it's done, although I'm using Android based device, but I guess the difference to iPad is negligible:
viewtopic.php?t=258
lisiecki1

Post by lisiecki1 »

Thank you!

I misunderstood the manual. Ill give it a try after I go through your post.

Im using setlistmaker as well.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Awesome, thanks Milos :)
@lisiecki1: let us know how it goes.

Simon

PS: I moved the topic where it belongs ;)