PLAY button

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
Artem

PLAY button

Post by Artem »

Hello everyone!
I tried to find information in the manual and here on the forum, but couldn't find it.

I want to ask about the PLAY system.

I have a task to start the synthesizer's arpeggiator and synchronize it with the metronome click. In the usual situation, the synthesizer follows the metronome clock, but I need it so that when I press PLAY, a note on the synthesizer is triggered for perfect alignment of the first note and the click. Is it possible to assign any note to the Play button instead of the START SEQ event?

Alternatively, could you suggest another way to accomplish this task?

:)
Simon

Re: PLAY button

Post by Simon »

Hi :) Thanks for the suggestion!
I think this would be difficult, both because it might be specific to your setup but also because even if other people have the same setup they would need a different note so it needs to be configurable somewhere.

The easiest workaround is to send the note you want over the USB cable (so from a DAW or other software) to be forwarded to your synth. You could plan it so that the MIDI Start command (which has the same effect as pressing the PLAY button) is sent at the same time, this way from your computer you’ll be able to both press play and send that note, precisely at the same time.

With the coming add-on modules (no ETA at the moment but the first designs should be out in a few months), you will be able to do the same with a MIDI input module, so that you can do it from a synth or other MIDI device, without a computer :)

I hope that helps!

Cheers
Simon