MIDI path suggestions?

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
jamiebird76

MIDI path suggestions?

Post by jamiebird76 »

What is the best placement for the midronome in my situation below.

I have a numbver of external synths used external to Ableton. I use Ableton as the master clock via the midronome plugin. The midronome responds as expected but i am curious about the best placement for the Midronome. Currently I have it set up so that My elektron gear syncs with Ableton via overbridge and I have the midronome connected to the octatrack and Hydrasynth via DIN. This seems to work OK but i have additional synths that i also want to connect. I have an ESI MIDI hub but this does not seem to forward on the midronome clock so i am wondering what is the best placement for the midronome? Midronome currently connect3ed directly to the PC via USB.
Simon

Re: MIDI path suggestions?

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

That setup sounds fine to me - you could also sync the Midronome to Ableton using the plugin and then sync everything else (including the Elektron stuff) to the Midronome via MIDI and/or DIN and/or analog clock.

I am not sure why the MIDI Hub is not working the Midronome, that is very strange. There is nothing special about the Midronome's MIDI outputs, they follow the MIDI specification (note that it is 3.3V MIDI), and they most send MIDI Clock. Maybe the configuration on the Hub needs to be changed?

Cheers
Simon