Syncing Midronome to eurorack

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
KGBOOM

Syncing Midronome to eurorack

Post by KGBOOM »

Hi! If i want my midronome with my euroracksequencer alm Asq-1 i need 24 ppqn but as far as i can tell the midronome only feature a clock signal not a start/stop or reset output or am i missing something?
Simon

Re: Syncing Midronome to eurorack

Post by Simon »

Glad you asked! :D

If you configure the ANLG output as "DIN Sync", it will have a start/stop gate on the right/ring part of the plug, and run at 24ppq on the left/tip part of the plug (as per vintage Roland devices require on a DIN Sync plug).

But Firmware 3.0 will come with a full Reset implementation where you'll be able to choose any ppq or a gate start/stop, or a pulse on every start. Comment and discuss about it on this topic: viewtopic.php?t=210

Cheers
Simon
KGBOOM

Post by KGBOOM »

Thanks! So i need a 3,5 m.m stereochord going into a stereo to mono adapter and then connect one of the chords to the run input of the sequencer and the other chord to the clock input?
KGBOOM

Post by KGBOOM »

Sorry the clock input and the reset input on the sequencer!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Correct, you'll need an adapter TRS -> 2xTS

It seems 3.5mm TS is not very common, so most of them you will find are

3.5mm male TRS -> 2x 6.35mm male TS (for example the one shown in the attachment)

(TRS are the ones with "2 lines" while TS only have "1 line")

Then you'll need an adapter 6.35mm to 3.5mm. You can also find an adapter with female connectors and use 3.5mm to 6.35mm cables afterwards. You get the idea, there are many ways to do it :)

Once you have it, the red=right=ring will be the 5V start/stop gate, and the black=left=tip will be the clock at 24ppq.

Cheers
Simon
Attachments
cable.png