2 diffrent tempo's

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
Mr.henky

2 diffrent tempo's

Post by Mr.henky »

Hi there, dos anyone know if you can send 2 different tempo's via midi out 1 and 2 with the same start stop?
Simon

Re: 2 diffrent tempo's

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

Thanks for the question! Unfortunately this is not possible - why would you need two devices running at different tempos?

Simon
Mr.henky

Post by Mr.henky »

It would be nice to have synth arps or to play rhythmic stuff half tempo. Or being able make synth pads run in different tempo's. To be able to play a bid more with time and tempo's in a setup with only machines :D
Simon

Post by Simon »

I see - well usually the clock is the clock, then divisions or multiplications like this would be done by the receiving devices I'd say?
Maybe investigate if your devices can do this ;)

Alternatively, this is very easily possible using an add-on module - simple module designs are coming very soon, this is about taking the design and changing it for what you need ;)

Simon
Milosdrummer

Post by Milosdrummer »

Simon wrote: 06 Dec 2023, 10:49 I see - well usually the clock is the clock, then divisions or multiplications like this would be done by the receiving devices I'd say?
Maybe investigate if your devices can do this ;)

Alternatively, this is very easily possible using an add-on module - simple module designs are coming very soon, this is about taking the design and changing it for what you need ;)

Simon
I was about to say 'just get two midronomes', but if the add-on modules will have this kind of functionality, even better! Basically, the original question can be rephrased as having two different time signatures for different outputs, as that makes most sense. Not sure about the 'machines' being able to handle this... maybe some, yes.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Oh actually I did not think of this, but yes it would work: 2 Midronomes, one (slave) set with inP=2.4.P. and the the other as master, with An.L=PLA and An.1=12 Then connect a cable from the ANLG output of the master to the INPUT of the slave.
Then press Play and there you go your slave is running at half the speed of the master ;)

Simon