I get Juice error stating 'Your DAW does not seem to support ARA' in Ableton Live 11 on Windows 11 for VST3 plugin

Any questions about the Software Tools (FirmwareUpdater, SyncFileGenerator, ErrorLogExtractor)
loopdokter

I get Juice error stating 'Your DAW does not seem to support ARA' in Ableton Live 11 on Windows 11 for VST3 plugin

Post by loopdokter »

Name of Software or Plugin and version:

MidroAudioSync v1.0

DAW (if any) and version:

Ableton Live 11 Suite v11.3.10 Build 2023-08-03

Operating System and version:

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 on an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz with 32 GB RAM.

Short description of the issue:

I get the following error when loading the VST3 plugin in Ableton Live "Your DAW does not seem to support ARA, or the plugin has not been loaded as an ARA plugin". The plugin is unusable at that point.

Steps to Reproduce:

I double click on the MidroAudioSync VST3 plugin and or drag it to a MIDI channel and the error immediately pops up. I cannot route to the Midronome in Abelton as per the YouTube video for v2.0 of the firmware. The plugin is effectively useless.

Expected Behavior: For the VST3 plugin to load properly.

Actual Behavior: The VST3 plugin crashes producing the error mentioned above. There's no GUI for the plugin either - just the error.
Simon

Re: I get Juice error stating 'Your DAW does not seem to support ARA' in Ableton Live 11 on Windows 11 for VST3 plugin

Post by Simon »

Please use the correct plugin - the one from https://midronome.com/support :D

Simon

(the plugin you are trying to use is the ARA plugin - which is now deprecated. It was pre FW 2.0... It's a long story ;) )
loopdokter

Re: I get Juice error stating 'Your DAW does not seem to support ARA' in Ableton Live 11 on Windows 11 for VST3 plugin

Post by loopdokter »

I appreciate the prompt reply, but that's exactly the plugin I downloaded!

Is there something I need to change?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Then you must have had that old MidroAudioSync plugin already installed :)

If you look at the name of the file/folder you downloaded, it's called "Midronome.vst3" - that's the name of the plugin, not MidroAudioSync ;)

Note that on Windows you need to copy the whole Midronome.vst3 folder, not just the file.