[F] Ableton 11 not showing MIDI Out to Midronome 1 and 2

Reported bugs on the DAW Plugin or on Software Tools (Firmware Updater, etc.)
Topics ar marked as: [R]=Rejected, [A]=Approved, [WIP]=Work in Progress, [F]=Fixed
Forum rules
  • Use the search function to see if your bug has already been reported
  • Only post in a topic if it is directly related to the reported bug or feature. If not or if you're not sure, please use the Discussions & debates forum.
Thank you so much for reporting bugs <3 - it helps A LOT :)
KhalidAli303

[F] Ableton 11 not showing MIDI Out to Midronome 1 and 2

Post by KhalidAli303 »

UPDATE: solution is to open "Audio MIDI Setup", open the "MIDI Studio" and delete the Midronome from there. Then unplug and replug the Midronome, and the new interfaces should appear.

------

Name of Software or Plugin and version: Midronome plugin V2.0

DAW (if any) and version: Ableton Live 11.3.10

Operating System and version: MAC OS 12.4

Short description of the issue: Trying to test the new functionality of sending clock and MIDI together, go to Ableton Preferences and I do not have MIDI out to 1 or 2 options. They dont show up I have only have

Midronome Clock & Start [IN] - sends MIDI Clock, as well as Start&Stop
Midronome Clock only [IN] - same without Start/Stop
Midronome Commands [OUT] - to send commands to the Midronome

Syncing by having ableton as master clock and using the new plugin to send pulses. That is working fine
Is there something I am doing wrong, or a bug with ableton
backinthelab

Re: Ableton 11 not showing MIDI Out to Midronome 1 and 2

Post by backinthelab »

I had this issue on OSX when I'd just updated the firmware.

I had to go into Audio Midi Setup, unplug the Midronome USB, then select the midronome Midi Device and delete it. Then when I plugged the Midronome USB back in, it recreated the device with the correct number of midi ports including the new ones. Hope this helps!
Simon

Re: Ableton 11 not showing MIDI Out to Midronome 1 and 2

Post by Simon »

Ohhh yes a very good point I forgot to mention that! It's because MacOS "saves" the USB-MIDI interface configuration, so it's necessary to delete the device in the Audio MIDI Setup for the new interfaces to appear.

Thanks so much for informing about it @backinthelab and thank you for reporting it Ali! The manual and the youtube video description have been udpated ;)