Midronome not receiving start from Ableton

Any other questions, about other gear or your DAW for example.
Jes

Midronome not receiving start from Ableton

Post by Jes »

Hi
I have gone through the user guides and videos.
I am running firmware 2.0
I have added the vst3 plugin and the tempo syncs fine
I have ticked track on the midi output for midronome (I am using windows, so it is not midronome controls)
I have paid close attention to the inputs and outputs for both the MIDI channels in Ableton and they look the same as your video.

However, the midronome does not receive start/stop from Ableton.

As an aside, when I play the tutorial videos in a browser on the same machine, the midronome is receiving all kinds of tempo and start stop commands haha.

Anything else you can recommend? I'm getting a bit desperate :(

Thanks!
Jesse
Simon

Re: Midronome not receiving start from Ableton

Post by Simon »

Hi Jesse :)

Thanks for asking here. I'm not sure what you mean with "receiving start" - it's not really meant to :)
All the plugin sends is a sync signal, which tells the Midronome "start syncing".

Are you saying you want your sequencers to start at the same time you press play in Ableton? If so, check the "A.PL" setting, turning it to on will automatically "press the play button" for you when the sync starts and stops (which is when Ableton starts/stops).

I hope that makes sense - otherwise let me know :)

Cheers
Simon
Jes

Re: Midronome not receiving start from Ableton

Post by Jes »

Thanks for your reply Simon,

yeah I mean automatically press play on the midronome when I press play on Ableton.

I thought I had a.pl switched on, but I may have confused things by adding an sq1 to the chain.

I'll give it another go and let you know

Thanks!
Jesse