bpm formula for converting 6/8 time signature into x/4 on Midronome?

Any other questions, about other gear or your DAW for example.
HappyClocker

bpm formula for converting 6/8 time signature into x/4 on Midronome?

Post by HappyClocker »

Hi,

In this forum I've found a posting that Midronome cannot be switched to x/8 time signatures but it should be possible to use the x/4 time signatures after adapting the bpm.

Could an expert please post the bpm formula for the usecase "convert a 6/8 time signature at 120 bpm to the correct x/4 time signature"?
BTW will it be a 3/4 time signature?

Sorry for that beginner question but I had no success with google or the search here.
Milosdrummer

Re: bpm formula for converting 6/8 time signature into x/4 on Midronome?

Post by Milosdrummer »

HappyClocker wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 14:04 Hi,

In this forum I've found a posting that Midronome cannot be switched to x/8 time signatures but it should be possible to use the x/4 time signatures after adapting the bpm.

Could an expert please post the bpm formula for the usecase "convert a 6/8 time signature at 120 bpm to the correct x/4 time signature"?
BTW will it be a 3/4 time signature?

Sorry for that beginner question but I had no success with google or the search here.
If you want to convert 6/8 to 3/4, you have to multiply the bpm by 3. So 120 bpm in 6/8 would be 360 in 3/4, though that is not so common for those signatures. More 'normal bpm would be 60-80, converted 180-240.
HappyClocker

Post by HappyClocker »

Thank you! I'll try it.

Now I'm just thinking loud whether the VST3 plugin could be upgraded to detect a x/8 time signature and send its 24 PPQ signal with the corresponding "suitably multiplied" tempo to Midronome.
Simon

Post by Simon »

HappyClocker wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 06:17 Now I'm just thinking loud whether the VST3 plugin could be upgraded to detect a x/8 time signature and send its 24 PPQ signal with the corresponding "suitably multiplied" tempo to Midronome.
That's a great idea :) Could you create a topic in this forum about it? viewforum.php?f=11 (this is where the change/feature requests are)

Thanks
Simon