[F] Midronome hangs USB-bus

Reported bugs for the Midronome hardware or firmware.
Topics ar marked as: [R]=Rejected, [A]=Approved, [WIP]=Work in Progress, [F]=Fixed
Forum rules
  • Use the search function to see if your bug has already been reported
  • Only post in a topic if it is directly related to the reported bug or feature. If not or if you're not sure, please use the Discussions & debates forum.
Thank you so much for reporting bugs <3 - it helps A LOT :)
eevolute

[F] Midronome hangs USB-bus

Post by eevolute »

STATUS: Fixed in Firmware v2.0 - download it here: viewtopic.php?t=237
---

Short description of the issue:
After Midronome is being connected for some time, the usb-bus on my computer stops working completely. It becomes unresponsive and the computer can only be restarted or accessed via remote screen control over ethernet. So the machine does not crash, just no usb peripherals work anymore.

Setup (devices connected to the Midronome and how):
Midronome connected to unpowered usb hub -> hub connected to usb port on the back of the machine
or
Midronome connencted directly to usb port on the back of the machine
or
Midronome connected to powered usb hub -> hub connected to usb port on the back of the machine

Steps to Reproduce:
Just connect Midronome to the computer via usb and wait..

Expected Behavior:

Actual Behavior:

ErrorLog (from the ErrorLogExtractor - https://midronome.com/support ):

Has the Midronome firmware been recently upgraded, from which version to which version? to 1.0

extra info: I have had exactly this issue a few years ago with a Sequential OB-6. After some firmware updates for the OB-6, this problem was solved. It doesn't look that it is a power-related issue as it also occurs when connected via. a powered usb-hub.
Simon

Re: Midronome hangs USB-bus

Post by Simon »

Thanks for reporting :)
Could I have your OS version (as precise as possible please), and your computer brand and model (also as precise as possible).

Note that this might be difficult to solve as my guess is that it is very specific to your setup (combination of OS + hardware). And solving a bug without being able to reproduce it is like trying to paint with closed eyes - it's difficult :D

I would love to hear if anybody else has experienced this issue. If that's the case, please share your OS version and computer model as well, thank you!
Simon

Re: [WIP] Midronome hangs USB-bus

Post by Simon »

eevolute wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 12:20 After Midronome is being connected for some time, the usb-bus on my computer stops working completely. It becomes unresponsive and the computer can only be restarted or accessed via remote screen control over ethernet. So the machine does not crash, just no usb peripherals work anymore.
Hi eevolute, I found a nasty issue in the USB code which is now solved. The fix has been released to beta-testers and will be released as part of Firmware 2.0 in a few weeks.
eevolute

Re: [F] Midronome hangs USB-bus

Post by eevolute »

Great, I will test it ASAP. Sorry for the late reply, we have moved our studios to a new location and currently rebuilding everything!