Programchange function

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
stefan drums

Programchange function

Post by stefan drums »

Hi Simon

I used the Midronome the last 3 weeks on live concerts.
Come back later with my testings results after my tour is finished. Want to mention already two things what is really missing.
With separate clock outputs the (elektron machines ) don 't sync after stopping the main output, I will have to restart every time the main clock to get in sync with the other clock output
When its set on (free) play. They don't sync.
Use the spds for a program change function ,would be awesome to adept that with a set maker and tempo setup to the midrinome.
Now it s for a live drummer sometimes hard to handle.( I don't want to use a spds on stage anymore.) I use an elektron rythm with an Edrumin trigger unit.
Simon

Re: Programchange function

Post by Simon »

Hi Stefan, thank you so much for giving some feedback, and awesome to hear you're taking the Midro on tour with you! :)

I am quite confused by your suggestion(s) though :roll:
The elektron machines do not sync to the Midronome? What do you mean with "separate clock outputs"? And what do you mean "restart the main clock"?

If it does not sync properly, that sounds like a bug? (if that's the case then it should be reported in the bug forum)

As for your second suggestion, you want the Midronome to send a Program Change MIDI message to your SPDS? And when would that be sent?

Cheers
Simon
stefan drums

Post by stefan drums »

Hi Simon

When the midro is set on "sep"(separate)
And the play is on instant start.>(with the pedal function)
There are two midi clocks running ,in some situations they don't run together.
In a live situation you want to have the choice to start the both separate outputs the same time with the instant start>
Number two output is just continuing to give his signal and does not start at the same point so it will run out of clock with the first(main clock output) Is there a way to avoid this?
And for the programchange:
It runs great with elektron machines!
But it would be handy to have the possibility to send out a midi program change to the different midi connected machines/ synths.

Stefan
Simon

Post by Simon »

For the program change, yes I understand, but when would you send the porgram change message? at every tempo change? And then which value should it be? I think this could be implemented if Tempo Presets are implemented (see viewtopic.php?t=211 ), then yes it would make sense that when you change the preset the Midronome also sends a Program Change with the number of the preset.

Reply from Stefan:
stefan drums wrote:And yes indeed a program change with a tempo change preset. This would be awesome because you can send to all the instruments the clock and tempo change and program what has to do with the song
Makes live on stage in the heat of the moment really easy.
NOTE: the rest of the this discussion (about Play button & Reset mode) is moved to this topic: viewtopic.php?t=228