Length of Sync File

Any questions about the Software Tools (FirmwareUpdater, SyncFileGenerator, ErrorLogExtractor)
troymcclure

Length of Sync File

Post by troymcclure »

the sync file generator does not generate a file above 30 min. as i am recording jam sessions up to two hours this limits the use with the daw. is there a reason for this and is it possible to allow sync file creation up to the size limit of the format of the file?

is it a workaround to just create a shorter file and loop it?
will this be as precise as a continous file?
Simon

Re: Length of Sync File

Post by Simon »

Ha ha wow I never thought anyone who want to reach that limit :D

Yes that can very easily be increased ;) For now maybe make multiple files? Then you can test the transition from one file to another, see if the DAW sends some error data (which you will see as glitches on the Midronome).
Dark Waves

Post by Dark Waves »

Probably I'm remembering wrong, and / or I read it wrong, bit I think someone mentioned looping in this context. Not sure if DAWs can loop a section of just one track, but do you think that would work, Simon, just looping a few bars of the sync for the duration of a song?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Update coming in a few days - where looping or duplicating files will work ;)
Dark Waves

Post by Dark Waves »

That's great, Simon. Thanks for all your hard work, but don't burn yourself out!
Pluppo

Post by Pluppo »

Simon wrote: 05 May 2023, 10:18 Update coming in a few days - where looping or duplicating files will work ;)
That's great news, I also record jams that last several hours. Changing the tempo while I play is quite important for me as well, so I hope you find a solution for that too.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Pluppo wrote: 12 May 2023, 22:30 That's great news, I also record jams that last several hours. Changing the tempo while I play is quite important for me as well, so I hope you find a solution for that too.
I'm afraid the new version will not let you change the tempo while you play, to do that you would need is a plugin :D
(no promises - but yes that's probably coming too, things just take time)

I know I said a few days for the update but now the certification company said we have to wait another 12 business days for them to approve it :roll:
So it'll be a bit longer ;)