Installing Firmware

Any questions about the Software Tools (FirmwareUpdater, SyncFileGenerator, ErrorLogExtractor)
Richard

Installing Firmware

Post by Richard »

Hi,

Received the Midronome yesterday (thanks!) and now I'm trying to update the firmware. I'm using the Intel for Mac version and when I try to install the Midro-v1.0.midr file on my MacBook I get the following message:

"There is no application set to open the file"

And when I try to install the Firmware Updater I get this message:

"Firmware Updater" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the bin."

I'm using a 2019 MacBook Pro with Ventura 13.3.1 - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard
Simon

Re: Installing Firmware

Post by Simon »

Hi Richard,

Sorry about this - it will solved soon ;)
See here: https://www.midronome.com/support-tool-launch-issue

Simon
Richard

Post by Richard »

Ok thanks for that. I’ll hang on till the fix is out.

Cheers,
Richard
ccr

Post by ccr »

Hello, trying to update firmware, but my Midronome does *not* enter into bootloader mode when I press the three buttons and unplug/replug the usb connection. Thanks for your help!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi ccr,

This could easily mean your device has a hardware issue. Can you send me an email about it ( support@midronome.com ), thanks.

Simon
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Simon,

I think I've followed the instructions regarding the sync file generator - entering the three .app files via the Terminal app's 'run' command. There was no clear indication what I should do next after this though.

I tried again to download and run the Sync File Generator but received a warning message saying that Sync File Generator is damaged and should be moved to the bin. Even if I try to right click it and select 'open' I get the same message so there doesn't seem to be a way round this on my MacBook Pro.

Would it be possible to have a simple-to-follow set of instructions put online that I can follow? I'm not familiar with processes around entering code instructions via Terminal so have no idea with how this should work.

thanks,
Richard
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi Richard :)

Here are the steps:
1. Double-click the downloaded dmg file
2. Move the Sync File Generator app in your Applications folder
3. Open Terminal
4. write (precisely) "xattr -cr /Applications/Sync\ File\ Generator.app" in the terminal window, then press Enter
5. you can now close the terminal
6. Double click on the Sync File Generator.app in yoru Applications folder, it should work now :)

(same concept for the other ones, you just need to adjust the terminal command)

I hope this helps, if not you can simply wait about a week as we are solving this issue as a priority.

Cheers
Simon