Resync

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
76rich

Resync

Post by 76rich »

I've followed the YouTube video manual, and have seen a reply that says if you hold down play for a sec, it'll resync.

When I press play and try to hold it down, it just pauses/stops the signal.

I'll give an overview of what I'm trying to achieve and I'm sure Simon can point me in the right direction.

My set up:

Three devices (all have din midi)

I plan to put my midi splitter after the midodrome to get a signal to each device individually, but haven't yet tried this as want to ensure the below is working first.

On each device, I've written some tracks.

I want to 'mix' each track together, in a DJ style, for my live show.

As each device is it's own entity, when I stop one to load a new track, it is no longer in sync (expected as its not playing so of course it's not in sync!).

I want to hit play on the machine I'm bringing into the mix (so to speak), and have it already sync'd with the machine that's currently playing.

I want to hit resync on the mididrome and it'll automatically sync the incoming device, after I've pressed play. Currently I have to press play on the incoming device repeatedly, much like when cueing on a cdj, and try to get it 'on the one' so it plays in time.

I need the mididrome to be the main clock for the three devices, and know that when I hit resync, everything will be playing in time, without having to stop the music, which is currently what's happening with my mididrome.

Hopefully that makes sense!
Simon

Re: Resync

Post by Simon »

Hi again :)

That's a really cool usage, I like it!! :D
And yes the resync command sounds like it will work and do what you want.

Note that if you have Reset mode enabled, then you cannot resync by holding down the button, you just press two times quickly the button and it will Stop+Reset, which will be equivalent to a resync right away (whether this makes sense or not is debattable - and yes maybe it would make sense to keep resync activated even when Reset mode is enabled - this can easily be changed in a future firmware release).

Without Reset mode enabled then yes you simply need to hold down the button for 1 second, then the display will show "Syn" and it will send a resync signal on the next bar. Note also that it will only send resync if it is playing already (i.e. Play button is lit).

See this video where I demonstrate the Resync mode: https://youtu.be/JKSyHojWSzs

Cheers
Simon
76rich

Re: Resync

Post by 76rich »

Cool, thanks for the reply Simon. I shall play around this weekend and let you know. :)