Cheeky question

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
Gary_francis

Cheeky question

Post by Gary_francis »

Hi Simon

I've got a rather cheeky question for you and hopefully you'll be able to help.

I see in the press video you've got a Korg Monologue clock synced to the midronome. Unfortunately, I've missed the opportunity to preorder your device and so I went looking elsewhere and found this:

https://www.disasterareadesigns.com/shop/p/micro-clock

From my basic understanding of the device, it should provide similar functionality to the Midronome and allow me to tap a tempo and send it to the monologue sequencer using TRS to midi cable. Seen as you're knee-deep in this at the moment, are you able advise if this is indeed a like-for-like piece of kit?

Many thanks

Gary
Simon

Re: Cheeky question

Post by Simon »

Hey Gary

That is cheeky indeed ha ha :D
It's ok I don't mind.

I know the micro-clock from Disaster Area, pretty nifty little device :)
It will do what you say it does, send the tempo to the Monologue. I think it can also do a lot more.

As for comparing it to the Midronome, well they are two very different devices, the only thing they have in common is they can set the tempo via clock outputs. Then they have a lot of differences: form factor, power source, way of operation, and I would say the Midronome has IMBO (=in my (very) biased opinion) a lot more features: metronome output, pedal control, drum pad control, module expansion, play/pause buttons, a large display, a large knob. I would also doubt their clock is as precise as the Midronome (= I doubt their jitter is as low).

But in real situation:
1) I am sure the precision of their clock is more than enough
2) All those extra features are not necessarily a good thing if all you need is a simple clock
3) the small form factor is actually really cool and it would fit nicely in a pedal board

So go for it - and feel free to write here how your experience is with it :)

Cheers
Simon
Gary_francis

Re: Cheeky question

Post by Gary_francis »

Absolute gentleman Simon

I'll go for it and when you're mass producing the Midronome, I'll pick one up.

Best of luck with the first phase

Gary