NO NC tap tempo switch

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
Kood_x

NO NC tap tempo switch

Post by Kood_x »

Hi, congrats on the KS.

Is there a way to use the midronome to control guitar pedals and other device that use external NO or NC (looking at you Boss) switch to control their tempo. Some other device uses relays to acheive this.

Thanks
Simon

Re: NO NC tap tempo switch

Post by Simon »

Hey there - you're not the first one to ask about this, and I was literally checking it today!!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with NO or NC, but I'll assume it's some sort of simple footswitch used to tap the tempo on the pedal.

I thought there was a way it could work with the current hardware but unfortunately no it does not. So it seems this needs a separate "tap tempo output" plug, which at this stage is definitely a no-go as it would delay the device's shipping.

BUT this can easily be added as a custom add-on module! More on this soon on the Kickstarter ;)

Cheers
Simon
Kood_x

Post by Kood_x »

Thanks for looking into 👍

A lot of of guitar gear have a jack to connect a simple momentary switch to close a normally open (NO) or open a normally closed (NC) circuit to register tap input and set tempo. Linking those pedals with the rest of the setup and benefiting from the midronome other features would be awesome.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Oh NC/NO - okay I get it :D
I usually call it "polarity" of the momentary footswitch.

But yea my answer is still the same - a module sound like the way to go ;)

Simon