Feature request & reups

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
J. John Mixson

Feature request & reups

Post by J. John Mixson »

The one unique (I think) request, which I believe Simon already has in mind, is the option to generate the sync file at a depth of 16 bits.

Another that I've seen discussed somewhere, in multiple threads I think, yet not on the list
viewtopic.php?p=134#p134

is varying tempo in one sync file - maybe - like X bars at BPM1, Y bars at BPM2, etc.
Possibly even time signature changes?

(Oh, and how are signatures X/8 handled? Probably belongs in another forum.)

And to prematurely add my vote to one that is on the list;
Midronome can optionally send Start/Stop itself, rather than having to be relayed from the DAW.
Simon

Re: Feature request & reups

Post by Simon »

Hi John

Actually 16 bit is already implemented, coming in the future release. It's such a small thing and we were in the middle of working on the tool anyways so it came with it :)

The other things you mention are already possible I believe, or maybe I did not understand?
You can create a sync file with different tempos and different time signatures already.

Signatures in x/8 are not possible that's true but that's a limitation of the Midronome not the Sync FIle Gen tool. It was mainly for simplicity, and because you can always make a x/8 into an x/4 by changing the tempo f.ex.

And I am not sure I understand your last point: Midronome can send start/stop itself, by pressing the button?

Simon
J. John Mixson

Post by J. John Mixson »

Great news about the 16 bits!

I am so sorry; I've been chasing other vendor issues and as a result have messed around with it too little to date to recall that additional bars can be added at other tempos.
That is fantastic!

Okay, so a 3/4 at 120 BPM would be at 240 BPM a 3/8?

I meant when using the sync track, the manual states that Start must be sent from the PC over USB.
I'm thinking that Midronome might send it over DIN after the 1 bar sync is established.

Thanks for the clarifications, as always.
Simon

Post by Simon »

J. John Mixson wrote: 08 May 2023, 22:03 I meant when using the sync track, the manual states that Start must be sent from the PC over USB.
It does not have to, you can always send it using the buttons. Sending it form the PC has basically the same effect as pressing the button :)