Mute does not mute, it blinks and put play and stop when pressing

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
gbadvancero

Mute does not mute, it blinks and put play and stop when pressing

Post by gbadvancero »

Short description of the issue: The mute button behaves weirdly. When deactivated, if I tap it blinks twice and play appears on the screen and then back to the tempo. Then if I tap again it says STOP and led turns off.

Setup (devices connected to the Midronome and how): I have my iPad connected to the Midronome via USB. It happens the same with the mac

Steps to Reproduce: What I did before was activate the advance mode, go to RESET and turn on metronome reset upon play. THis works well

Expected Behavior: Mute should turn off and on the metronome

Actual Behavior: Mute does not work.

ErrorLog (from the ErrorLogExtractor - https://midronome.com/support ): Found a midronome connected but did not receive anything from it

Has the Midronome firmware been recently upgraded, from which version to which version? No
gbadvancero

Re: Mute does not mute, it blinks and put play and stop when pressing

Post by gbadvancero »

Update:
I have updated from firmware 0.1 to 1.0, but it still does the same
gbadvancero

Post by gbadvancero »

Some more findings:

The mute button sends the same MIDI parameters as the play button. I have an external device which has learn that when tapping on play it will start-stop the song, and the mute behave exactly the same
Dark Waves

Post by Dark Waves »

Maybe you have settings for alternative use of some buttons. Check p.11 of the manual to see some of the choices, and compare to your device.
gbadvancero

Post by gbadvancero »

Yeap that was it. I had it to SEP. Would be good on the manual to indicate that it would prevent the MUTE from working as MUTE. Thanks!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Awesome it is all sorted, I'll move this topic. And yes good point about the manual - I will add that thank you :)
Simon