Cirklon/Midronome/Ableton

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
poneymagik

Cirklon/Midronome/Ableton

Post by poneymagik »

Hello, i would like to know what would be the ideal setup for my gear :

I would like the midronome to be the main clock for all my setup, but i want ableton to be able to transport and send clock AND midi to my cirklon, and the cirklon sending midi to ableton and my hardware gear too.

I get 0.2 bpm drifting syncing ableton to my cirklon atm which is not bad, is there an optimal way to set this up ?

Cheers
Simon

Re: Cirklon/Midronome/Ableton

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

Right now you will need a MIDI merger, unless your Cirklon has 2 MIDI inputs (or 1 DIN-MIDI and a USB-MIDI f.x.).

Then you can do

Code: Select all

Ableton -> (audio sync) -> Midronome -> (MIDI Clock) -> MIDI Merger
and

Ableton -> (MIDI Data/notes/etc.) -> MIDI Merger
and finally

MIDI Merger -> Cirklon
The need for a MIDI Merger will be removed if the MIDI Forwarding feature is implemented in the Midronome - see here: viewtopic.php?t=36

Then you will be able to do: Ableton -> (audio sync + USB-MIDI) -> Midronome -> (MIDI Clock + notes) -> Cirklon
But for now this is not implemented, it is one of the "future features" - and whether it will be implemented, and when that will be, is dependent on a lot of factors :)

Cheers
Simon
poneymagik

Post by poneymagik »

It does have 5 inputs, but i own a merger aswell !

Cheers
eyetone

Post by eyetone »

I have a similar set up and was hoping there would be a way to bridge all these together using the midronom.
I would be all for the new feature if it avoided having to get a midi merger as well

I use the 5 midi inputs already for my 5 hardware pieces of gear along with my tr 606 which is in the din sync socket that the cirklon provides.
Simon

Post by Simon »

@eyetone: Have you seen viewtopic.php?t=36 ?
eyetone

Post by eyetone »

yes I did Simon thank you. I don't think it would resolve my problem straight away. I don't have a midi merger for example and my tr606 is already taking up the din sync port on my cirklon which is the only way I can get this going to run alongside my other hardware