Details on the Sync-File

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
leosun

Details on the Sync-File

Post by leosun »

Hi Simon,

first of all: many thanks for that great device and all the whoops you went through to give sync to all of us ;-) 🙏

I have a question: is there any way, that we can create these sync-files without the software? Is there any way to deconstruct and reconstruct them?

My background for context:

I want to use the midronome in a setup to sync Akai Force, Elektron Syntakt and a Boss RC500 Looper.
Two things didn't work before the Midronome:
1. When the Looper was in Slave-Mode, the recordings would get artefacts because of the midi-jitter causing audio-warping during recording. This seems fixed by the midronome. Thank god :)
2. The Force in Slave Mode won't let me record audio. I get the error "Can't record the audio during tempo change" ... and that the Midronome didn't fix, but i was so strongly hoping for it :( . So now I'm considering making the Force the master clock, however that would mean it had to send the sync file. If i were to just play prepared sets that would be no problem to reserve 1 audio track each for the sync file. However my goal is to use this setup to improvise electronic music, so I need to be able to change tempos according to the situation.
So regarding my above question: is it possible to recreate such a sync-file with an onboard sampler?
From what i heard, the sync file consists of two grids, one fast pulse on sample-scale and then one slower cycle for bars?
couldn't i set up an sampler that has multiple layers and generates this signal (one track generates the sample-rate, another the bar-rate) but reacts to tempo changes?

looking forward to your answer.
best greetings from Leipzig,
niklas
Simon

Re: Details on the Sync-File

Post by Simon »

Hi Niklas

Yes that should be easy enough. Can you not simply import a WAV file in the looper?

Otherwise just have a look at how the file looks like from the Sync File Generator :)

It's 24ppq pulses with a high pulse at the end of the bar (anywhere between the last pulse of the bar of the first of the next bar).