Stereo pedal - Boss FS 6

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
Thovy64

Stereo pedal - Boss FS 6

Post by Thovy64 »

I've plug a Boss FS 6 pedal. It's a dual pedal. I read it's possible to plug two pedals but only one works. How can I use one for tap tempo and the other fot play/stop?
Simon

Re: Stereo pedal

Post by Simon »

Moved to "Questions about the Midronome" forum.

Thank you for posting here Thovy64. I looked a bit more into it, and it's hard to actually know what it actually does / what signals are sent from the pedal (if someone can find more info about that - please let me know!).

My guess is they act like a simple footswitch, the electronics are only necessary to switch the polarity and latching/non-latching features.

If that is the case, then it should work out of the box, you simply need to plug a stereo jack cable from the middle plug (A&B) to the INPUT of the Midronome. Then on the Midronome make sure to configure the "PE.2" setting (Pedal 2 - see the manual in the advanced settings section).

If this does not work, then I will need either someone to tell me more about the pedal or I would need to get my hands on one myself.

Simon
Simon

Re: Stereo pedal

Post by Simon »

Solved on the Facebook group - the Boss pedal works out of the box, the issue was the Midronome was not configured properly (PE.2 setting).