So a few of you have asked about this feature, and as someone who really likes a challenge, I cannot help myself I want to do it
My questions to you:
- What kinda of beat would you like to detect?
- Will the beat be played Live?
- Will it be played by a person or a machine?
- How much (in BPM) would you expect the tempo to move?
- Play a few kick without any other noise, both soft and hard hits, for the machine to learn it
- Do the same with the snare
- Set a min and max tempo
- Then set a tempo, and start playing in time with the click (by looking at the LEDs f.x.)
- Using all this info the machine will identify the kick and snare hits, discard the rest - that should not be too hard - then intelligently (yea that will be the magic - the difficult bit ) adjust the tempo as the beat plays
So a big hardware upgrade and a lot of code work would be necessary - definitely increasing the device's price.
Let me know what you all think!