Offset and time signature

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
Mindwarp

Offset and time signature

Post by Mindwarp »

Hello Gang,

Would it be possible to have different time signature for each output ? And variable offset / shiffting for each ?

Thanks you ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
n4Sphere

Re: Offset and time signature

Post by n4Sphere »

i think treating both outputs differently would be in general a good idea.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi Mindwarp :)

Shifting/offset is already in discussion here: viewtopic.php?t=46

How would you have different time signature for the MIDI Clock? MIDI Clock is only tempo information, the only "time signature" part of the Midronome is on the audio click (which is only one output).
Mindwarp

Re: Offset - humanizing - expansion module

Post by Mindwarp »

1/ Yes, youโ€™re right for time signature, sorry for my bad non native English translation.

I was speaking more of offset, time shifting and different clock dividing/demultiplicating factor on each output.

2/ A kind of groove/shuffling/humanizing factor could also be interesting ๐Ÿ˜‰.

3/ An extension port for optional module to extend the number of midi output can be really useful

Cheers
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ok I see :)

Clock dividing is already possible on the CV/Analog outputs. But I can see the usage to have it on the MIDI Outputs as well - I would say most machines have that function already? i.e. you can send them a clock and they divide it as it pleases them :)

Regarding 2/ I have considered this in the past, but again I would say very few people actually would use this?

And regarding 3/ you can already sync 2 Midronomes together and double your outputs. Or sync 10 if you want :D (if you do I'll add a special pledge for you - a pack of 10 Midronome :lol: ).
Mindwarp

Post by Mindwarp »

Regarding 1/ Many Arpeggiator for exemple on Vintage Midi or Cv do not have any real clock dividing/multiplying options.

Regarding 2/ I do not know about other musician, but a lot of vintage unit are not that flexible with tempo, so, humanizing option is always very interesting for the community of vintage hardware users ๐Ÿ˜‚ like me !

Regarding 3/ Iโ€™d be glad to have an Early B pledge for a pair of 2 unit ! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ok I see - thanks for the feedback!

I like the humanizing function ;)
Just remember every single added new feature will delay the project, so we will have make a choice on which stuff to add and which stuff to leave for Midronome 2.0 :D

Regarding the two Midronome - sorry but there are too few Early Birds to give them away by 2 :roll:
If you can get some of your friends involved together you can get a pack of 4 at pretty much the same price as 4 Early Birds (since shipping is a bit cheaper than 4 times Early Bird shipping ;) ).
masi

Post by masi »

Simon wrote: โ†‘21 Mar 2022, 08:46 Regarding 2/ I have considered this in the past, but again I would say very few people actually would use this?
AFAIK the ERM Multiclock has a swing/shuffle feature. I've seen it on Youtube with older (?) drum machines or sequencers that don't have that feature.

For the "CV" output it would be nice if it could be set independently. Eg a steady master clock and swung 16th notes.

Masi
masi

Post by masi »

The offset would come handy if you want one off the clocks to tick off-beat (eg for house/techno open-hats 1ppq shifted an 8th).

If you could set the clock rate even slower you can do back-beats at 2 and 4 (0.5 ppq). At 0.25 ppq we get a single click at an arbitrary position within the measure.
masi

Post by masi »

masi wrote: โ†‘16 Apr 2022, 23:00 AFAIK the ERM Multiclock has a swing/shuffle feature. I've seen it on Youtube with older (?) drum machines or sequencers that don't have that feature.
Found a module with shuffle:

https://www.ericasynths.lv/shop/eurorac ... -clock-v2/
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ok - 0.5ppq and random 0.25ppq, that's noted, interesting suggestion and that would not be hard to implement ;)
masi

Post by masi »

Well, I meant with 0.25 ppq and the offset you can get an arbitrary single hit anywhere within a measure.

But a random value setting the chance that a click will be sent would of course be fun.