Midi sync

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
Mindwarp

Midi sync

Post by Mindwarp »

I was wondering if I missed something : is there any MIDI in to synchronise as a slave the unit ? :shock:
Simon

Re: Midi sync

Post by Simon »

The real question is: why on earth would you want to slave a master clock? :D :lol:

But no seriously - it is designed to work as a master, also works best this way. Unless you are using a DAW which cannot sync to MIDI Clock (i.e. all DAWs except Ableton Live or Bitwig Studio), then the Midronome will slave to the DAW using the special audio sync signal from the VST plugin.

Slaving the Midronome to MIDI Clock for ex does not make much sense - if you already have a MIDI Clock, why do you need a master clock then? :D

/Simon
Mindwarp

Re: Midi sync

Post by Mindwarp »

By the way, if the Midronome is sync as a slave via midi1 it can still send a very precise clock slaved message (eventually modified with offset, humanizing factor…) via Midi2, usb… and a click in the same time. And become a kind of converter + clock ! Again quite usefull with vintage synth that are limited with clock functions 😉👍🏻.
😇

One more point is also that if you are using a large configuration, it is always needed to sometimes change the clock source for some synth use. So Midinome can be the usual main master clock, but sometimes becomes the slave for specific use, without the need to unpatch and repatch everything nor using a patchbay (adding latence).

It can also be - with a Midi In and a Midi thru - a great way to link numerous midronome