Tempo from 3 to 999

Discuss or suggest new features here.
Please do not report bugs here, use the "Bug Reports" forum instead.
Mindwarp

Tempo from 3 to 999

Post by Mindwarp »

Hello Gang,

What’s about higher possibilities for tempo from 3 to 999 ? It would allows interesting exploration (with synchronized wave sequencing or granular for exemple…)
Thanks you
n4Sphere

Re: Tempo from 3 to 999

Post by n4Sphere »

i never used such low and high bpm, but for experimental stuff and glitches very need idea. and i assume not so difficult to implement.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ha ha ha that is an interesting feature request - I did not expect that :D :lol:
Thank you for posting it Mindwarp :)

And yes that should not be too hard to implement. But why would you need such a tempo though, can you develop the idea?
Mindwarp

Post by Mindwarp »

Very low tempo becomes extremely interesting in generative sequences for example. It can give haunting slow pad half noise / half sound with granular synthesis or other sync wave tables.
It also bring kind of almost random sounds in pad.

Very speedy ring any percussive (or taxi envelopes sound) a strange sounding like pads….

P

Ps : sorry for my approximative non native English speaking 😉
MPrinsen

Post by MPrinsen »

Deluge also supports extreme BPM values, which is fun to experiment with : you can get FM type of sounds with just a single drum sound and extremely high BPM.

Be aware that a lot of gear have a maximum BPM though, most won't go higher than 300, so if you try to send it a higher BPM clock, it will just drop sync.