1 bar analog click before sending midi start when used as a master clock

Any questions about the Midronome
Gravityswell

1 bar analog click before sending midi start when used as a master clock

Post by Gravityswell »

I have an SND ACME-4 that requires 1 bar of click to send to its audio in before it will send out a calculated sync / midi start signal.

Using Midronome as a master clock, I would want all external and internal devices and plugins/clips to play at the same start point. Not have internal/external devices play the first bar and THEN what ever is connected to the ACME-4 start playing along. So having that 1 bar analog click before sending midi start when used as a master clock would be a great firwmare update option.

I know the plugin has solved this as far as the Midronome receiving sync, but this would allow that same synchronous synergy as master clock.

It's a big ask but one I hope others might be interested in. Thanks in advance from a first time poster!

(PS: if this is already possible and i've missed it, i apologize!)
Simon

Re: 1 bar analog click before sending midi start when used as a master clock

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

Thanks for asking here - yes the Midronome already does that, both with U-SYNC (Mac only for now), with the 24P mode (sync to audio from DAW), and when acting as a Master (if you have the "Reset mode" enabled).

:D

Simon

PS: moving this topic to the "questions" forums since it is already implemented ;)