Ability to double or halve the sync tempo

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
Larry

Ability to double or halve the sync tempo

Post by Larry »

So the feature request is as in the title - I would like to see a setting that allows me to request double or half speed bpms on one or both MIDI outs on the metronome.

This is the context:

I needed to add some sounds from a Moog DFAM to a song I was working on in the DAW. DFAM is one of those gadgets, doesn’t have MIDI but has a clock input and you can sync it from another device. (I use a dedicated “DFAM Thing” which converts MIDI clock). Long story short, when I synced it, it turned out for whatever reason it assumed my eighth notes were quarter notes and the resulting beat was too slow. I did manage to overcome this by syncing it via CV with a Behringer DFAM replica (called Edge) but before I managed that I really wished I could just open the Midronome and say, send double speed on MIDI out1 - or something to this effect. Would have saved me a day or two:)

I can see someone has already requested this in the comments of this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=192&hilit=double#p192
There may be others, no idea but I exchanged a couple of emails with Simon and he suggested I put this here to see how popular the demand is for such a feature. So do second this in the comments if you want it implemented.
Simon

Re: Ability to double or halve the sync tempo

Post by Simon »

Thank you Larry for creating a topic about this - let's see what people think! :)

How would you suggest the user interface for this to be? Just a hidden setting where you can set MIDI OUT 1 to be x2 or x0.5?