Tempo lock via knob not working

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
Sv1981

Tempo lock via knob not working

Post by Sv1981 »

Hi Simon,

I am not sure if it is user failure or unit failure but my tempo lock function does not seem to work at all.

According to the manual you need to push the knob at least 1 sec to lock the tempo.
If I do it like described nothing happens, a longer press also does not work. The tempo is not locked and the locked LED is also not showing any activity (but the LED is working in general).

I tried all firmwares including the new 2.9 beta but still no improvement.

Do I miss something here?

Thanks

Stephan
Simon

Re: Tempo lock via knob not working

Post by Simon »

Hi Stephan :)

Thank you for pointing that out, I can see this information is missing the User Guide, I have now added it ;)

You can only use the Locked Mode if you are not enabling any external sync, meaning:
  • inP setting is not set to 24P or 2.4.P.
  • The Midronome is not connected to the plugin via U-SYNC
Reset mode (rES setting) is the same actually, you can set it on but it will only work if no external sync is enabled.

I considered improving this and allowing locked mode and reset mode any time unless you are currently syncing, but it's quite a difficult thing to implement as there are a lot of potential pitfalls which will all need to be checked for and tested. And I have a feeling not so many people are using the Locked mode anyways?

Feel free to let me know your thoughts ;)

Cheers
Simon