Getting the Midronome to follow SiparioX

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
bbrito

Getting the Midronome to follow SiparioX

Post by bbrito »

Hi, Simon.

SiparioX generates midi clock at bpm rate to sync all the devices connected with it. Can Midronome receive midi clock over its MIDI USB interface, without a computer?

https://www.lab4music.it/siparioX.php?lang=EN
Simon

Re: Getting the Midronome to follow SiparioX

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

No I'm sorry but it cannot, and if it could it would only create problems as syncing with a MIDI Clock sent over USB is generally a bad idea.
The Midronome works best when it runs as a master, so if you can rearrange your setup to make it the master, it's definitely better.

In case you really cannot (DAWs are a good example), then the Midronome will follow a regular audio/analog signal sent at 24ppq sent to its INPUT plug :)

Cheers
Simon

PS: let me add that, even though I'm sure the SiparioX is a really great device, generating a stable clock is not their priority, so I would not be surprised if the clock generated by the SiparioX is unstable, has jitter and latency... Which is the whole point of the Midronome - a designated device to generate an extremely stable and reliable clock. So using it without getting it to generate the clock is a bit against its purpose :D
bbrito

Post by bbrito »

Hi, Simon. Thanks for your reply.

Can I use any external audio click to sync Midronome? Or do I have to use MidroSync File Generator to generate a specific audio to sync it?
Simon

Post by Simon »

bbrito wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 17:29 Can I use any external audio click to sync Midronome? Or do I have to use MidroSync File Generator to generate a specific audio to sync it?
Any sharp audio signal sent at 24ppq (every 64th triplet note) will work. Yes you can use the MidroSync File Generator, that will work as well.
A metronome is sent at 1ppq so unfortunately that will not work - at least not until the sync to x ppq feature is implemented (planned for Firmware 4.0).

Simon