ROADMAP for Firmware 4.0

Future features that could be implemented on either the Midronome or the Software Tools.
Topics ar marked as: [A]=Approved, [WIP]=Work in Progress, [F]=Finished
Simon

ROADMAP for Firmware 4.0

Post by Simon »

This is the potential roadmap for firmware 4.0.
ETA: no ETA for now.

New Major Features:

New Minor Features:
MPrinsen

Re: ROADMAP for Firmware 4.0

Post by MPrinsen »

Looking forward to this one! :) Especially the improved tap tempo will possibly be a game changer for when you want to play along a live drummer with an arpeggiator or sequencer running. Currently, it is only possible to match the tempo, but if I understand it right, the improved tap tempo would catch up to stay in sync as well.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Correct ;)
Maxcote819

Post by Maxcote819 »

Hi,

I do know there’s no ETA at the moment, but i’m wondering : what’s the eta ? :mrgreen:

No, I get it, there’s other updates before that one, unfortunately for me, I was counting a bit too much on the presets feature and have been waiting for it to really use my midronome. If you say it might take months, I’m willing to wait, but if it’s years, it’s simply a great piece of gear that I’d have to sell until then.

Thanks Simon !
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi Max :)

That's fair, definitely a few months, not years.

Difficult and complex features are the ones that take time, for example the one that is coming with Firmware 3.0.

Once this is out I will start working on Firmware 4.0, and its difficult feature is the improved tap tempo, which is the only one that could take time. But because of your comment, I'll make sure to release the tempo presets (which is a much simpler feature to implement), either with version 4.0 if the improved tap tempo is done in a few weeks, or as a separate version 3.1 ;)

Cheers
Simon
Lunaman06

Post by Lunaman06 »

Simon wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 08:36 … I'll make sure to release the tempo presets (which is a much simpler feature to implement), either with version 4.0 if the improved tap tempo is done in a few weeks, or as a separate version 3.1 ;)
+1 I would appreciate that as well.
viewtopic.php?t=211