Stop the midi clock output?

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
cactus27

Stop the midi clock output?

Post by cactus27 »

Is there any way to stop the midi clock output? There are times I want to let my devices be free running and not synced but I can’t figure out a way to get midronome to stop sending a clock signal. I’ve just been unplugging it which is kind of a pain. It would be useful if the mute button could be set to mute the midi clock in addition to the audio output.
HappyClocker

Re: Stop the midi clock output?

Post by HappyClocker »

I get that idea. If implemented it should be an option to be switched on/off via a setting.
Simon

Re: Stop the midi clock output?

Post by Simon »

Interesting thoughts, you're not the first one to ask about it either :D It seems there are no official request about it in the Feature requests forums, so I am moving this topic there.

Just FYI, this behavior comes from the very early days of the Midronome, my thoughts were that a masterclock should always be running. But I'll consider adding an option to turn it off when pressing Play (to stop) or Mute for example.

For now, the easiest workaround is to set the "inP" setting to "2.4.P." as this is the only mode where the Midronome will stop the master clock (the display will show "---"). Then set it back to OFF or something else to start the master clock again.

Cheers
Simon