Problems in BITWIG

Any other questions, about other gear or your DAW for example.
abel_vs_kain

Problems in BITWIG

Post by abel_vs_kain »

Greetings from Spain!
First of all I apologize for my English, I am using a translator.
I have two problems with the daw and after reviewing the manual and the forum several times I cannot solve them.

1. The daw only recognizes three midi interfaces.
-MIDIOUT2(Midronome)
-MIDIOUT3(Midronome)
-Midronome
Tried with several USB cables without result.

2.The midrinome metronome and the daw are not synchronized correctly.
I followed all the steps in the manual to solve this problem without results, I even tried the old method of generating the audio file and sending it through the daw.

Thanks for your time
Abel.
Simon

Re: Problems in BITWIG

Post by Simon »

Hi Abel

Thanks for writing here! No worries about the translated english - it is perfectly understandable.

1. The USB cable will not affect this :) What OS are you using? (I'll assume Windows) Is the device's firmware updated to 2.0?
If yes, can you try deleting the Midronome from the Device manager (choose "uninstall"), then unplug and re-plug the Midronome.

2. Sync with DAW is a complex subject, and can go wrong at many levels. So I'll need way more info to investigate, ideally a video where you show what is happening :) (you cannot upload videos here unfortunately - feel free to create a post on https://www.facebook.com/groups/midronomevip instead)

Simon

PS: I'm working on a secret project regarding sync with DAWs... hopefully it is out in January or February already. So another solution is to let the sync with DAW be for now and wait a bit more :)
abel_vs_kain

Post by abel_vs_kain »

Hi.
My operating system is Windows 11.
The firmware is updated to 2.0.
I uninstalled midronome from the device manager and reconnected the USB, now all the interfaces appear in the device manager but in BITWIG the same ones continue to appear as before.
As for synchronization, I will wait for that secret project to come out.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ok nice to hear! I guess to get them to appear in Bitwig there must be a "refresh" devices somewhere... Can you try removing the device and then adding it again?

Cheers
Simon
abel_vs_kain

Post by abel_vs_kain »

Removing and adding the device does not work, I will try to find how to update devices.