Logic AU Plugin automatically disabled when switching project

Any questions about the Software Tools (FirmwareUpdater, SyncFileGenerator, ErrorLogExtractor)
peterwhite

Logic AU Plugin automatically disabled when switching project

Post by peterwhite »

Hi,

The AU Plugin is working great in Logic, however, every time I am reopening or simply changing the project, the plugin is automatically disabled (greyed out) and I need to click on it to reactivate it - as shown in the attached file:
erreur midronome.png
This is quite annoying because in live, we are using one logic project per song, and even though all projects are already opened, whenever we move on to the next song, we need to click on the plugin to reactivate it...

Any idea on what could go wrong?

Thanks!
Simon

Re: Logic AU Plugin automatically disabled when switching project

Post by Simon »

Hi Peter :)

That does sound strange indeed - it does sound like a bug :?
I'll test it and get back to you!

Thanks for reporting it in any case!
Simon
peterwhite

Post by peterwhite »

Thanks Simon,

Have you had the chance to test it?
Do you want me to file a bug or something?
Simon

Post by Simon »

No need to report an official bug for now.

And sorry about this, I was taken with other stuff and I forgot, great that you reminded me :)
I just tried now, but I could not reproduce the issue at all. In fact I don't even know how to disable a plugin in Logic.

I asked on the FB group to see if someone had an idea - there are many people much better at Logic than I am there. If you can I'd suggest you join there and check for answers as well. If you cannot, I'll update you here ;)

Simon
Simon

Post by Simon »

Maybe sharing your Logic session as well could help :)

EDIT: Ok after a good 30 minutes of fiddling with Logic, I can reproduce the error... But not with the Midronome plugin? So this is clearly not a Midronome specific thing, more a Logic specific thing.
I created a new Software Instrument Track, with a E-piano on. This E-Piano gets deactivated by default when I start the session. But the Midronome does not - no idea why. I think Logic/Apple decides which plugins are useful and deactivates the one it considers not useful?? There must be a way in Logic to prevent this from happening ;)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ok I found the answer: https://support.apple.com/en-us/101962

If I am not mistaken you just need to create an empty MIDI region in your Midronome track and the plugin will not be deactivated. Let me know if that works ;)

Simon