Support for other time signatures (6/8, 2/2, 4/2, etc.)

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
Simon

Support for other time signatures (6/8, 2/2, 4/2, etc.)

Post by Simon »

Hi guys :)

This topic is about adding a setting in the Midronome supporting other time signatures, basically adding a "denominator" to the "bar" setting, which is for set to 4.

My idea would be that in the settings, you can select "bar" as before, but after pressing the knob you can select the denominator, between 2, 4 and 8.
Or maybe it should be a long press of the knob (thinking you would rarely change the denominator)?

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Simon

PS: this is created because of HappyClocker's suggestion to get the plugin to support x/8 time signatures (see viewtopic.php?t=283 )
tom

Re: Support for other time signatures (6/8, 2/2, 4/2, etc.)

Post by tom »

Hi Simon. Thanks for your efforts in this space.

Quick answer: Yes please!

I came here exactly because of this. This is my first post here. Because this feature really matters to me.

I faced a challenge during my previous band rehearsal. The tune is in 7/8, and we're running some drum machine track that is started by the midronome so I can have a nice click track. So I thought shifting to the 7 bar setting in the midronome and doubling the tempo would be sufficient, but of course this made the drum machine sequence run twice as fast.

So I currently have to run a one bar setting to not have to change any other settings and to not be confused by the 1 count moving across the bar.

Would we very nice to be able to choose between 7/8 and 7/4, 5/8 and 5/4 and so on due to this.

Coupling this denominator setting to the proposed "setlist" feature I see mentioned would be very nice, making playing such a tune live a breeze.

Coming from an E-RM midiclock + Boss DB 90 setup, this is something I really miss.

As for how it should be implemented, It's hard to say. If you need to go to 8, you'd probably want to switch back to 4 during the same gig. (We have a 5/4 tune as well :-))
Simon

Re: Support for other time signatures (6/8, 2/2, 4/2, etc.)

Post by Simon »

Thanks for the feedback Tom!

I'll see what I can do ;)