How to Convert/Read .Wav Tracks From XDJ-RX2 to Midi

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
robotsunrise

How to Convert/Read .Wav Tracks From XDJ-RX2 to Midi

Post by robotsunrise »

I have a specific live hybrid DJ set up.

I want to lock my Modal Cobalt8 (playing live) to the tracks on my Pioneer XDJ-RX2, which I also play live.

Anyone know a way to do that? Here's my full set up:

1. Tracks:
Pioneer XDJ-RX2: I use this to cue up my tracks / backing tracks.

2. Keys:
a. I play a controller connected to Mainstage to call up voices I've used in my Logic productions.
b. I also play the Modal Cobalt8 live - this is the unit that I want to lock to the backing tracks on the XDJ-RX2. IE, the delay and arpeggio timing. Currently, I'm just playing by ear, which is not always great for live.

3. Vocals
I sing through a TC Helicon Voicelive 2, but I dont think this will be factoring into the above.

Thank you!

Danny/Robot
PIONEER-XDJ-RX2-rear.jpg
cobalt8-13-2048x683.jpg
Simon

Re: How to Convert/Read .Wav Tracks From XDJ-RX2 to Midi

Post by Simon »

Thanks Danny for posting here.

As I said to Danny over email, all is needed is for the XDJ to play a MidroSync WAV file (or any sharp audio pulses at 24ppq/64th triplet notes) on a dedicated separate output.

Then this can be sent to the Midronome with the "inP" setting set to "Syn" (MidroSync file) or "24P" (audio pulses), and then the Midronome can send MIDI Clock to the Cobalt. The hard part is getting the XDJ to play the audio pulses.

Looking at the picture, it should be possible to play that on the second output called "Master 2"? Anybody knows how to do that on an XDJ-RX2?

Cheers
Simon