Not Seeing AU Plugin In Logic

Any questions about the Software Tools (FirmwareUpdater, SyncFileGenerator, ErrorLogExtractor)
abuzaqan

Not Seeing AU Plugin In Logic

Post by abuzaqan »

I deleted the ARA plugin and then installed the new plugin, but nothing shows up in the Audio Units section. I'm also able to see the plugin in the plugin manager. I know the new plugin has no GUI, but the instructions for syncing with DAWs says to place the plugin on the track, so I assume I should at least be able to find the plugin for use. Is there something I'm missing or something wrong?
Simon

Re: Not Seeing AU Plugin In Logic

Post by Simon »

There are 2 plugins for Logic: one Instrument plugin and one MIDI FX plugin.
  1. Create an instrument track
  2. Replace the instrument (I think default is "E-piano") selecting AU Instruments -> MIdronome (see screenshot)
  3. Close the GUI of the Midronome plugin
  4. Route the track to an external output on your audio interface, connect that output to the INPUT of the Midronome
Then you can add the MIDI commands to change tempo when transport is stopped and change time signature:
  • Create a new instrument track
  • This time replace the instrument with "External Instrument"
  • In the External Instrument window, Choose "Midronome Commands" as MIDI Destination
  • Then in the "MIDI FX" plugin, choose "Audio Units" -> "Midronome MIDI" (see second screenshot)
  • Close the GUI of the Midronome MIDI plugin
Then there is a strange bug where the MIDI will only start working after you have pressed play once in Logic. This is a Logic bug, it just refuses to call the MIDI plugin until the transport has been playing once.

Let me know how it goes ;)

Cheers
Simon
Attachments
logic2.png
logic1.png
abuzaqan

Post by abuzaqan »

Awesome. I wasn't able to give it a full test, but everything is where you said it is. Thanks!
abuzaqan

Post by abuzaqan »

I know it's been a while, but wanted to say thank you so much. This works so well after this firmware update and it solves a major issue I was having in my workflow.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Nice to hear, and my pleasure! :D 8-)