Simon wrote: ↑12 May 2023, 12:56
Original topic: viewtopic.php?t=37
This is about implementing up to 99 presets on the Midronome. A preset will contain only the tempo and the time signature.
To save a preset, once the tempo and time signature is set, you will be able to save it by doing the following:
- go in the settings
- select "PrE" (preset) in the list
- choose a preset number
To recall a previous saved preset, hold Setup+Mute (or another combination - any suggestions?) and turn the knob at the same time. This will show for example "P.01" on the screen, 01 being the active preset, then turning the knob some more will change the preset.
Feel free to comment here regarding:
- If you think some information is missing or unclear
- How you would like this feature to be implemented (buttons, settings, how to activate, how it is done, etc.)
- Why you think this feature is a good addition to the Midronome
here some thoughts idea -
* include in the present the click settings (type and volume, and if later available also swing/shuffel)
* changing Preset via CC is fine but I do think changes to presets should be set using midi program change (as well)
(Why? B/C if Midronome is integrated into HW workstations/grooveboxes/Padelboards, they often can sent PGMChnge to channels out to synchronize up settings with other boxes, but not CC.) FWIW JMK uses the same approach for the CSM.
And while we are on it (if possible implement also a cc for PC incr. and PC desc, to allow scrolling via master keyboard buttons, e.g tempo changes with in a song). (If also a CC option to set a specific preset number that is fine)
* Not sure on this but I think preset change via midi should reset/resync the clock.
* switching through Presets manually - would cool to have encoder shortcut like for the click volume. e.g. TEMPO+Encoder runs through the preset numbers. And if you release the tempo button the new preset kicks in at the next down beat. And in lock mode like today.
I hope this is useful input.