Differences to E-RM Midiclock

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
gelbton

Differences to E-RM Midiclock

Post by gelbton »

Hi Simon! The Midronome really looks great! I got an ad displayed on Facebook where you mentioned the advantages over the E-rm midiclock. But unfortunately I can't find it anymore. Could you please help me out here.

Thank you and good luck with your funding!
Tobias
Simon

Re: Differences to E-RM Midiclock

Post by Simon »

Hi Tobias!

Do you mean Adam’s amazing answer to that comment on that post?
https://fb.watch/bCbDCsE_5N/

Funny guy this Adam :D :D :lol:
gelbton

Post by gelbton »

Thanks, that's what i was looking for!
Kovmenius

Post by Kovmenius »

Holy, my comment became famous lol
n4Sphere

Post by n4Sphere »

wouldn't be differences to the erm multiclock more meaningful?
pREFECT

Post by pREFECT »

yeah i have a midiclock+ and i am having a hard time figuring out if this does what i need. if i for instance run my midiclock+ into a drum machine, andwhen i hit play will it start my drum machine and if i hit stop on my drum machine i can hit a button and bring it back in synced up. is there a way to start my drum machine back up on time and synced with this? without a computer?
n4Sphere

Post by n4Sphere »

i don‘t have separat midi clock and use my keystep pro. play pause restart has an impact on all connected devices. i can pause play on each of the devices and they sync with the keystep clock. so i expect nothing different from midronome.
Simon

Post by Simon »

pREFECT wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 02:44 yeah i have a midiclock+ and i am having a hard time figuring out if this does what i need. if i for instance run my midiclock+ into a drum machine, andwhen i hit play will it start my drum machine and if i hit stop on my drum machine i can hit a button and bring it back in synced up. is there a way to start my drum machine back up on time and synced with this? without a computer?
Unless I am wrong, there is literally nothing that the Midiclock can do which the Midronome cannot. I.e. the Midronome has the same features as the Midiclock + a lot more.

And yes of course you can start/stop your drum machine with the Midronome. On the Midronome the machines will always start synced up to the Metronome, and always start from the beginning of their sequence. And if one of them is out of sync you simply hold down the play button on the Midronome and your machine will be resynced (restart from the beginning of its sequence) at the beginning of the next bar.

If you want the drum machine to start from the middle of the sequence, you simply press play directly on your machine.

We're also potentially adding a auto-resync function every x bars for old machines that easily get out of sync: viewtopic.php?t=64

I hope that answers your questions ;)

Cheers
/Simon
pREFECT

Post by pREFECT »

Simon wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 11:36
pREFECT wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 02:44 yeah i have a midiclock+ and i am having a hard time figuring out if this does what i need. if i for instance run my midiclock+ into a drum machine, andwhen i hit play will it start my drum machine and if i hit stop on my drum machine i can hit a button and bring it back in synced up. is there a way to start my drum machine back up on time and synced with this? without a computer?
Unless I am wrong, there is literally nothing that the Midiclock can do which the Midronome cannot. I.e. the Midronome has the same features as the Midiclock + a lot more.

And yes of course you can start/stop your drum machine with the Midronome. On the Midronome the machines will always start synced up to the Metronome, and always start from the beginning of their sequence. And if one of them is out of sync you simply hold down the play button on the Midronome and your machine will be resynced (restart from the beginning of its sequence) at the beginning of the next bar.

If you want the drum machine to start from the middle of the sequence, you simply press play directly on your machine.

We're also potentially adding a auto-resync function every x bars for old machines that easily get out of sync: viewtopic.php?t=64

I hope that answers your questions ;)

Cheers
/Simon
yes thank you. i did not see a reset button or anything like that, so i inquired and the holding down play thing answered my question.