"Full Stop" vs. "Pause" in DAW

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
spacialrob

"Full Stop" vs. "Pause" in DAW

Post by spacialrob »

I noticed that with setting Midronome as the Master in my DAW (FL) on 24P, the play button will execute start and stop commands as expected, but when it is pressed to stop, it will pause playback partway in the playlist, rather than a global "full stop," which would reset the marker and send it back to the very beginning. Is there any workaround to get it to do the full stop? Thanks!
Simon

Re: "Full Stop" vs. "Pause" in DAW

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

External MIDI Sync in FL Studio is very new, and you surely are one of the first to use it.
The Midronome simply sends:
  • MIDI SPP 0,0 + MIDI Start when you press Play, this should bring back the cursor to the beginning of the session
  • MIDI Stop when you press Play again - which should stop the transport (without any information for the cursor)
So it should actually do the "full stop", it does in both Ableton and Bitwig at least.

Maybe there is a setting in FL Studio that needs to be activated? Check out if there are any options regarding ignoring SPP messages.
If not I would suggest you raise the issue with FL Studio :)

Simon
Dark Waves

Re: "Full Stop" vs. "Pause" in DAW

Post by Dark Waves »

Maybe a long shot (I don't use FL), but using my Presonus Atom SQ transport controls with their Studio One software, hitting stop once parks the cursor where it was playing, and pressing a second time takes it back to the last start point, and a third time to the beginning. Maybe something like that is happening.