Adjusted to Sync, cannot lock to a tempo

Any questions about the Software Tools (FirmwareUpdater, SyncFileGenerator, ErrorLogExtractor)
Dave

Adjusted to Sync, cannot lock to a tempo

Post by Dave »

Hi Simon (and community)

I've adjusted the Midronome per the videos and documentation to be "in the middle" between the LED changing to red and just turning off. For me this is -4.5 in the DAW. I'm currently just trying to use the pre-generated sync file in Studio 1 6.2.1 on Win11.

I've attached a video of what happens even though things are set up as specified.

The Midronome cannot lock on a tempo.
Attachments
IMG_2676.zip
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
Simon

Re: Adjusted to Sync, cannot lock to a tempo

Post by Simon »

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about the struggles. There are many reasons why this could happen - basically this means the DAW is not sending the correct AudioSync signal.

Have you checked the "sync with DAWs" manual on https://midronome.com/support? It has a troubleshooting section you could go through.

But normally if you:
* make a WAV with the Sync File Generator (say 8 bars)
* with fixed BPM matching your session
* make sure to use the correct sample rate
* make sure the file has no fades and no stretching/warping
* and be sure to send that alone on a specific audio output (and nothing else)

Then check the volume like you did (just quickly - as long as you are in the green), and that should sync nicely.
From there you can start getting a bit more complicated setups with a stretched file or the ARA plugin.

Just FYI, I am planing on making a new form of support - direct online video call support where I can spend 15 min (or more if nobody else is there) per person to sort out issues. Why don't we try to sort this out there? Keep an eye on your email and on the Facebook group, I will make an announcement about it this week.

Cheers
Simon
Dave

Post by Dave »

Unfortunately, the sync tool has the same issue. I’ve tried lots of combos of interface mixer volumes and DAW volumes to no avail.

Right now the only sync that works- and it does work - is to use the ARA plugin set to sync when playing. That way it syncs from the Midronome when stopped and is synched with the DAW when playing or recording.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi Dave, if you have the possibility to join one of the support Zoom call mentioned on https://midronome.com/support at some point we can investigate.

There is clearly nothing wrong with your setup or with your Midronome if it works using the ARA plugin. My guess is that there is an option in Logic somewhere you have not seen when using a sync file, which either distorts the file, changes its volume, its content, adds another sounds, etc. (as per the list I wrote in my post above).