[Deprecated] ARA Plugin for MidroSync

Future features that could be implemented on either the Midronome or the Software Tools.
Topics ar marked as: [A]=Approved, [WIP]=Work in Progress, [F]=Finished
Dave

Re: [A] DAW Plugin - community open-source project

Post by Dave »

Whew. If it’s yellow and yellow is good, then I think it’s good in that regard.

However, I still have the issue of if I stop playing the DAW, the bpm drifts. So I have to set the plugin to only send when the DAW is playing. That way it only drifts for a moment when the DAW stops.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Dave wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 01:41 That way it only drifts for a moment when the DAW stops.
I do not get that - with the checkbox checked the AudioSync signal is stopped as soon as you press stop. How can the Midronome drift if it is not receiving the signal from the DAW?

As for the fact it drifts when the checkbox is not checked, clearly a bug - I'll try to get Studio One 6 at some point and do some testing.
@Dark Waves: do you have the same issue?
Dark Waves

Post by Dark Waves »

Simon wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 10:10
Dave wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 01:41 That way it only drifts for a moment when the DAW stops.
I do not get that - with the checkbox checked the AudioSync signal is stopped as soon as you press stop. How can the Midronome drift if it is not receiving the signal from the DAW?

As for the fact it drifts when the checkbox is not checked, clearly a bug - I'll try to get Studio One 6 at some point and do some testing.
@Dark Waves: do you have the same issue?
Allowing for the possibility that I'm misunderstanding a detail or two, and that my configuration is somewhat disorganized still, it seems that I'm not having that problem. I'm feeding the signal from Studio One, very latest update released last week, through the Midronome via DIN to a groove box, with the DAW either stopped or running, but having the box unchecked so that it always sends the signal. No matter whether I start at the synth, the Midronome, or the DAW, the timing follows the tempo set in S1. The only problem is if I try to adjust the tempo while the DAW is running and controlling various devices like drum machine as well as the groove box, then there is some skipping or stuttering resulting in devices not staying in time. This could well be down to my messy signal flow (the drum machine is being fed clock from my keyboard sequencer, which is getting clock via USB straight from S1). Otherwise, with the DAW stopped, I can change the tempo there while running the groove box and it follows perfectly, and I'm not detecting any drift over a period of a few minutes at least.
lydian91

Post by lydian91 »

Simon wrote: 03 Aug 2023, 10:19 I'm very focused on Firmware 2.0 for now which will add the possibility of syncing to 24ppq pulses (without the bar marker), which means you will be able to use the E-RM plugin.
Oh wow, this would be very slick—unless E-RM eventually lock down their plugin somehow to prevent outside use (seeing that the Midronome is considerably less expensive). Could be a great solution in the meantime at least—standing by with great interest.