Digitakt syntakt and djay pro ipad

Any questions about the Midronome, technical or not
Oddboytattoo

Digitakt syntakt and djay pro ipad

Post by Oddboytattoo »

Hi - I’m trying to configure a live Dj cross hardware setup. I can sync the digitakt and syntakt no problem , but is there any way to control the bpm on djay pro in the iPad so I can switch between djaying and live hardware jamming ?
Thanks for creating such an awesome piece of kit !
Oddboytattoo

Re: Digitakt syntakt and djay pro ipad

Post by Oddboytattoo »

Just to clarify , I have the irig midi interface so I can send a standard midi signal to the iPad - not midi over usb as I’ve seen that can be an issue ?
Simon

Re: Digitakt syntakt and djay pro ipad

Post by Simon »

Hi :)

Well it depends what the Djay Pro app supports.

You have the following options
  • If the app can follow MIDI Clock, then it will sync to the Midronome. This case the Midronome will set the tempo on the DJay Pro app, but more importantly the two will be sync'ed together (MIDI Clock is sent on both the DIN-MIDI which you can connect via the iRig, or on the USB port if you have a on-the-go USB cable, you should be able to connect the Midronome to your iPad directly - the iPad will power the Midronome in this case)
  • Otherwise the app can send MIDI CC Commands to the device - this will need to be done with a USB on-the-go cable as the Midronome does not (yet) have any DIN-MIDI inputs. The MIDI CC Commands can set the tempo and other parameters on the Midronome (see the User Guide for a detailed list). Note that in this case the app and the Midronome will not be sync'ed to each other, the commands simply set the tempo like you could do it with the Knob.
Does that clarify the situation?
Simon