traktor devices not being detected when midronome connected over usb

Reported bugs for the Midronome hardware or firmware.
Topics ar marked as: [R]=Rejected, [A]=Approved, [WIP]=Work in Progress, [F]=Fixed
Forum rules
  • Use the search function to see if your bug has already been reported
  • Only post in a topic if it is directly related to the reported bug or feature. If not or if you're not sure, please use the Discussions & debates forum.
Thank you so much for reporting bugs <3 - it helps A LOT :)
david.brazewell

traktor devices not being detected when midronome connected over usb

Post by david.brazewell »

(please follow this template when submitting a new bug report - feel free to add more information)

Short description of the issue: traktor midi controllers not detected when midrinome connected. windows 11 lenovo pc.

Setup (devices connected to the Midronome and how): only 1 midi output used to connect to a midi hub which distributes clock to various devices. USB connected to pc running traktor to take clock sync from midrinome over usb

Steps to Reproduce: have traktor and an f1 and an s4 mk2. boot laptop on with everything connected and turned on. open traktor, it doesnt detect the midi controllers. reboot laptop with midrinome turned off then open traktor and devices connect fine, then turn midrinome on, it works fine. sends sync over usb to traktor.

Expected Behavior: all devices correctly detected

Actual Behavior: not all devices correctly detected

ErrorLog (from the ErrorLogExtractor - https://midronome.com/support ): not a crash

Has the Midronome firmware been recently upgraded, from which version to which version? yes to v1
Simon

Re: traktor devices not being detected when midronome connected over usb

Post by Simon »

Ok that's a very interesting bug, thank you for reporting it ;)

You're saying the fact that the Midronome is connected prevents traktor (the software) from detecting the f1 and s4 controller, correct?

Could you please check the following:
  1. Try with only one controller, a few times with the Midronome and a few times without, to be 100% sure the problem is actually caused by the Midronome
  2. Start the laptop with one controller connected and the Midronome connected, then boot and have a look in Traktor. Then connect the second controller, does it appear?
  3. While doing step 2 - have a look at the Device Manager in windows, do you see the devices there?
Cheers
Simon
david.brazewell

1) tried this and yes it's consistent behaviour
2) doesn't matter if it's one or two controllers connected. Or any reboot scenario, If midronome is connected, traktor can't see the other controllers connected via midi unless midronome is connected after boot up and traktor starts
3) device manager always shows all the devices.

Interestingly the usb sound card in the S4 still works. It's just the midi elements which are not detected.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ok I see, thank you David. But if the device manager sees all the devices, then the OS connects to the all the devices. I understand you experience this with the Midronome but it sounds more like a traktor bug than a Midronome bug...
Have you tried connecting other MIDI devices with traktor, seen a similar behavior?

Anyone else using Traktor experiencing something like this?

I'm happy to help, but really I am completely blank as of why Traktor would refuse to see its own device when the Midronome is connected, especially if all devices show up correctly in the Device Manager :?
david.brazewell

i do have a lot of other midi devices connected and this issue has never appeared before. It could be traktor related but appears to be specific to the midronome. I would be interested to see if anyone else with traktor and windows has had this issue as well