Custom metronome click sounds

For bugs and features discssusions. You may suggest new features here as well.
Please do not report bugs here, use instead the "xxx Bug Reports" forums.
Simon

Custom metronome click sounds

Post by Simon »

Hey guys

What about the possibility for you to import any audio file as a custom metronome click sound?
The idea will be to have 4 click sounds which can be changed by you directly.

I could add 4 more choices in the list of click sounds (CL.1 and CL.2 settings), called "u1" to "u4", which will be customizable.

To change the custom clicks, you would need to:
  1. Generate a custom firmware file from a tool (the tool will simply ask you for audio files and generate a *.midr file)
  2. Use the Firmware Updater to load the file onto the Midronome
    Note that loading the file with the Firmware Updater will not affect the actual firmware, as it will be loaded on a different part of the memory inside the device.
Or potentially just one new tool that will do all of it in one go.

Anyone interested?

Cheers
Simon
Schultzy

Re: Custom metronome click sounds

Post by Schultzy »

My drummer would love you for it! He’s clicky picky. ;)
muZikman

Post by muZikman »

Yes - that would be nice.

-or-

I would be just as happy if you re-designed what's on now, and made more of them a little more organic sounding. I'm really missing a good hihat, a shaker or three, or some more light percussion. Something that a singer/songwriter would maybe appreciate more.

Thanks for listening to all of us,

-Z
Simon

Post by Simon »

muZikman wrote: 19 May 2023, 23:44 Yes - that would be nice.

-or-

I would be just as happy if you re-designed what's on now, and made more of them a little more organic sounding. I'm really missing a good hihat, a shaker or three, or some more light percussion. Something that a singer/songwriter would maybe appreciate more.

Thanks for listening to all of us,

-Z
Interesting thoughts ha ha :D The first 9 current click sounds have actually been recorded by hand by me :D
Are you saying they sound unatural because you are missing the trail of the sound? That's on purpose, to make them more snappy.
muZikman

Post by muZikman »

Slight misunderstanding - the first 10 are the best! Those are very useable. I was trying to say I wish a few more were organic sounding, like the first 10, rather than the beeps and boops that fill the remainder.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Oh I see :)
Well basically the click sounds lie directly in the processor's memory which is very small. So there is space for about 4 more, hence my idea of making these 4 user configurable.

You can consider all the other click sounds as just "bonus" click sounds, as these are not saved in memory but directly generated by the device - so yes they sound like bleeps and boops :lol: :D
But funny thing the 10's series is very similar to Studio One's metronome, and the 40's series are very similar to Pro Tools' metronome. The 50's series is just very aggressive and loud beeps, thinking that some drummers might need a metronome sound to be able to cut through the noise :)
muZikman

Post by muZikman »

Ahhh. That all makes sense with the size requirements. You've done quite a bit getting all of the functionality in that little box!
martenmeij

Post by martenmeij »

I would love this feature. I too have a clicky picky drummer :)